Monday, December 21, 2009

Troubles Embedding Fig?

There have been a lot of troubles reported by people trying to embed Fig in their website. In light of that, I have changed the embed code and rewritten the documentation on how to place fig in your website. All the examples on the demo page use the new simplified embed code. You can view the source on those pages for examples on how to embed fig.

I also suggest using a crossdomain.xml file to alleviate any problems, as is explained in the documentation on how to place fig in your website.

I was using the swfObject method for flash detection, but it was causing problems on different browsers. If you would still like to use swfObject, you can download it from their site.

The new method I am using for embedding flash content is to make it as simple as possible using the Flash Satay method. My theory is that people can get fig working quicker with this method and if they need a more robust solution they can add swfOject or something else later.

If you have been having troubles embedding fig, give the new documentation a look over.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have some problem when i see my gallery in explorer 8 ( and 7 too)
    The thumbs appears, but when click for show the imagen was not load and read Infinity..
    here the example of my problem, in mozilla work excelent. thanks in advance
    http://www.elabor.com.ar/ecohacer/nueva/fig/fig_biebel.htm

    my email: elabor@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete