Saturday, October 31, 2009

New Fig Demos

Here are a few demos of the new Fig I've been working on.

  • Demo 1 - default settings
  • Demo 2 - default settings, no navigation, loads a default gallery set in flashVar of HTML. This one also is embedding the flash file from Demo 1 and using it's pictures. This shows how the gallery can be embedded any where on a website by changing a few settings while still keeping your pictures in the same spot.
  • Demo 3 - black theme, different size thumbnails, different font face and size.
  • Demo 4 - black theme, sized to 100% of window, fake navigation items to display how navigation works, larger thumbnails with no padding and no border.
In Demo 4 you can also resize the window while a gallery is open to see how Fig will reorder the pictures as you resize the window. All of the demos use the same flash file that is in example 1 and are changed using settings from an XML file or flashVar's.

It will be available for download as soon as I get the website done with all the details on how to install and use it and set up a forum. I haven't made the PHP script that makes the thumbnails yet either. Might be a couple more weeks until the website is done as I am currently trying to work on some remodeling of my girlfriends house and that doesn't leave much time after work.

Tell me what you think so far and let me know if you see anything that looks like a bug.

Oh... all images used in the demos above are copyright their respective owners... whoever that may be.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work!

    I only hope this new version will be able to support more images types (and 100% support to jpeg images). I tried FIG long time ago and I could only upload photos of a certain quality of jpeg... weird.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latest flash players support any jpg, gif, or png file. Fig will do the same.

    Thanks for the question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the demo 4 you have with the 100% screen size and not borders on the thumbs... looks realy nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I have a couple other demos in mind too, but I'm trying to get the new website up and running first. Glad someone likes it so far.

    ReplyDelete