Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Demo 5 - Light Window Integration

I put up one more demo on the demos page. Demo 5 uses the light window script to show how a link can be made anywhere in a website to display Fig in a popup using light window. Also in Demo 5 there is a second link that demonstrates sending the two flash vars that fig accepts through the querystring.

For the people that do a little digging, this can present one small problem:
  • How do you make a link to one gallery but still have a page where you show all your galleries?
This problem occurs because the removeNav setting is set in the settings.xml file. The solution is actually pretty simple. Make a second settings.xml file (maybe called settings_no_nav.xml) that has removeNav set to true and use that one for the settingsPath flash var along with setting the defaultGallery flash var.

If this is confusing, don't worry. I'm not explaining it that well. I just wanted to show another way that Fig can be used and hopefully Demo 5 shows that.

I need to do some editing on the demos page. Looks too crowded.

4 comments:

  1. Hey this is Adam Ford. I noticed that you have a couple of my images on your site. I am fine with that but you should have contacted me about it so I could at least be represented on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto with what adam just wrote. I also know several of the artists that you are using their work. You may also want to contact them as well.

    Joe Olson

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading about the new firefox says Integration with Windows: Firefox now has improved Windows icons.?
    Thank-you
    Silver MLM

    ReplyDelete